Lecturer (Assistant Professor) of Economic Entomology
Tanta University, Egypt
Tanta, Gharbeya Egypt
Areas of Expertise:
1. Biology, Ecology and rearing of fruit flies and some of piercing sucking hemipteran and homopteran insects as psyllids (ACP) and aphids. 2. Protein analysis and identification (electrophoresis, SDS-PAGE, 2DE, LC-MS/MS … etc) 3. RNA interference as a tool for insect control and gene functions 4. DNA and RNA extraction and quantification. Real time PCR and qPCR 5. Gas Chromatography mass-spectrometry (GC-MS) 6. High Performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) 7. Bio-informatics 8. Electronic microscopes 9. Pesticide application 10. Statistical analysis of insect populations
Hemiptra, Diptera, Lepidoptera, and Coleoptera
• Investigating innovative methods of insect pest control such as CRISPR, RNAi, Bt … etc.
• Studying insect physiology, molecular biology, and biochemistry in -omics levels.
• Exploring insect resistance, immunological and development.
• Understanding Ecological and multi-trophic interactions (plant-pathogen-insect-symbionts-natural enemies) in the ecosystem and microbial Ecology of insects.
• IPM and Biological control of Horticulture and vegetable Insect Pests
• Nanotechnology applications in pest control